Alderton is a village in the Suffolk Coastal district of Suffolk, England, about six miles north of Felixstowe, on the North Sea coast. Alderton was recorded in the Domesday Book as “Alretuna”. Local military defences include 3 Napoleonic Martello towers. Alderton was once a stronghold of Catholicism and within the grounds of Alderton Hall stands an ecclesiastical building, possibly a chapel or refectory dating back to the 12th century and believed to be part of a group of buildings built by the Augustine monks who controlled much of the land on the Bawdsey Peninsula at that period. Antique copper-plate engraving of Alderton Church. Dated in the plate 29 April 1785. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins.