Alnwick Abbey was founded as a Premonstratensian monastery in 1147 by Eustace fitz John near Alnwick, England, as a daughter house of Newhouse Abbey in Lincolnshire. It was dissolved in 1535, refounded in 1536 and finally suppressed in 1539. It was granted to the Sadler and Winnington families. Alnwick Abbey is located just within Hulne Park, on the bank of the River Aln. The only visible remnant is the impressive 14th-century gatehouse. Antique copper-plate engraving dated in the plate 21 Dec 1784. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins.