Antique print of Brougham Castle, a medieval building about 2 miles south-east of Penrith, Westmorland, Cumbria, England. The castle was founded by Robert de Vieuxpont in the early 13th century. The site, near the confluence of the rivers Eamont and Lowther, had been chosen by the Romans for a Roman fort called Brocavum. Antique copper-plate engraving dated in the plate May 7, 1775. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins. .