Burgh Castle is a village in the English county of Norfolk. It is situated on the east bank of the River Waveney, some 6 km west of Great Yarmouth and within the Broads National Park. The parish was part of Suffolk until 1974. Burgh Castle is the site of one of several Roman forts constructed to hold cavalry as a defence against Saxon raids up the rivers of the east and south coasts of southern Britain (the Saxon Shore). Antique copper-plate engraving of Burgh Castle, Suffolk. Dated in the plate 15 April 1785. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins.