Dunwich is a village in Suffolk, England. It is located in the Suffolk Coast and Heaths on the North Sea coast. In the Anglo-Saxon period, Dunwich was the capital of the Kingdom of the East Angles but the harbour and most of the town have since disappeared due to coastal erosion. All Saints’ Church was the last of Dunwich’s ancient churches to be lost to the sea. It was abandoned in the 1750s after it was decided the parishioners could no longer afford the upkeep, although burials occurred in the churchyard until the 1820s
Antique copper-plate engraving of All-Saints Church, Dunwich, Suffolk. Dated in the plate 9 April 1785. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins.