Farnham Castle is a castle in Farnham, Surrey, England. Built in 1138 by Henri de Blois, grandson of William the Conqueror, Bishop of Winchester, the castle was to become the home of the Bishops of Winchester for over 800 years. The original building was demolished by Henry II in 1155 after the Anarchy and then rebuilt in the late 12th and early 13th centuries. In the early 15th century, it was the residence of Cardinal Henry Beaufort who presided at the trial of Joan of Arc in 1414. It is for this reason that St Joan of Arc’s Church in Farnham is dedicated to her. Antique copper-plate engraving dated in the plate 20 May 1785. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins.