Iffley Church of St Mary the Virgin. Antique print of Iffley church in the village of Iffley, Oxfordshire, England, now absorbed as a suburb of the city of Oxford. The Romanesque church was built c.1160 by the St Remy family, probably financed with funds from the de Clintons of Kenilworth Castle. The Early Gothic east end was extended in c.1230, when a cell was constructed on the south-side for the anchoress Annora. Antique copper-plate engraving of Iffley Church. Dated in the plate 28 July 1785. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins.