Antique copper-plate engraving of Kenilworth Abbey or Kenelworth Priory, Warwickshire. Dated in the plate June 9th 1787. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins. The remains of Kenilworth Abbey aka St Mary’s Abbey, of Kenilworth, Warwickshire, England are situated in the grounds of St Nicholas’ Church and in an adjacent area of Abbey Fields. A priory for Augustinian canons was built on this site in about 1124 by Geoffrey de Clinton, which is about the same time as he built Kenilworth Castle. The abbey was dismantled at the Dissolution of the Monasteries.