Latton Priory. Antique print of Latton Priory, a small priory in Essex, England. It was founded before 1292 by an ancestor of Thomas Shaa as a community of Augustinian Canons Regular and was constructed on a moated site. The church was rebuilt in the 14th century and together with the dormitory, refectory and cellarer’s range formed a square surrounding the cloisters. The site was abandoned in 1534 at the time of the Dissolution of the Monasteries under King Henry VIII. Antique copper-plate engraving dated in the plate 10th July 1784. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins. .