Leiston Abbey, in Suffolk, England, was formerly known as Leystone Abbey or St Mary’s Abbey. It was founded in 1182 at Minsmere by Ranulf de Glanville, Lord Chief Justice to Henry II. The only remains of the old site are the ruins of the Abbey chapel. Antique copper-plate engraving of Leystone Abbey, Suffolk. Dated in the plate 25 April 1785. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins. Guaranteed over 200 years old.