Savoy Church. Antique print of Savoy Church, or Savoy Chapel, or the Queen’s Chapel of the Savoy, a church dedicated to St John the Baptist, located just south of the Strand, London. Originally founded in the Middle Ages as part of the main church of the Savoy Palace (later the Savoy Hospital), the ancient hospital had fallen into ruin by the 19th century and only the chapel survived. Antique copper-plate engraving of Savoy Church, London. Dated in the plate July 14; 1787. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins. Note: Price shown is ex VAT.