St Catherine’s Chapel. St Catherine’s Hill is a hill south of Guildford in Surrey, England, with a ruined chapel on its top, near the village of Artington and the River Wey. The village is on a sandstone outcrop near the Pilgrims’ Way, at the crossing on the river. The name is derived from the chantry chapel, a ruined ancient monument on top of the hill. This was probably a chapel of ease associated with St Nicholas Church in Guildford. Antique copper-plate engraving of Inside of St Catherine’s Chapel, Surrey. Dated in the plate May 22; 1787. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins.