Antique print of St Germans Priory. Originally built as an Augustinian priory, parts of the house date back to the twelfth century. At the Dissolution of the Monasteries under King Henry VIII the priory was abolished and its buildings became a private house called Port Eliot, or Port Elliot, home to the Eliot family, in whose hands the house remains. Antique copper-plate engraving dated in the plate Aug 17; 1787. Size of engraved area approx. 5×6 ins. Price shown is ex VAT.