St Michaels Mount Chapel. Antique print of St Michaels Mount Chapel, situated on a small tidal island in Mount’s Bay, Cornwall. It was given to the Benedictine religious order of Mont Saint-Michel by Edward the Confessor in the 11th century. It was a priory of that abbey until the dissolution of the alien houses as a side-effect of the war in France by Henry V when it was given to the Abbess and Convent of Syon at Isleworth, Middlesex in 1424. It was finally transferred to a secular use with the dissolution of the monasteries. Antique copper-plate engraving of dated in the plate Oct 19th 1786. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins. Price shown is ex VAT.