St Pancras antique map Ordnance Survey 1885

St Pancras antique map Ordnance Survey 1885

Regular price£250.00
/
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

  • Low stock - 1 item left
  • Inventory on the way

St Pancras antique map. Rare original antique map of the New Borough of St Pancras, showing its division into four parliamentary divisions ( named after the points of the compass ) each of which was to elect a member of parliament. Published in the Report of the Boundary Commissioners for England and Wales 1885. This zincographed Ordnance Survey map was produced by Colonel R. Owen Jones, Royal Engineers and printed by Eyre and Spottiswoode, London. The map is supplied with the Report which states that the “The population in 1881 was 236,258, showing an increase since 1871 of 14,793.” It further reports that “The number of inhabited houses in 1881 was 24,701.” Report and map in excellent condition. Usual folds. Paper measures 29 x 14 inches.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.