Stone Dartford Kent. The 13th-century parish church, dedicated to St Mary the Virgin at Stone, was known as the “Lantern of Kent” from its beacon light known to all sailors on the river. It is one of Kent’s most dramatic churches and is renowned for its Gothic sculpture made by the masons who built Westminster Abbey. This old print of Stone Dartford Kent is a lithograph from an etching, published by Donald Maxwell. Black and white image lithograph dated 1928. Paper size 11×8.5 inches. .