Walton Castle was a Saxon Shore Fort in the Roman province of Britannia. The fort was reused by the Normans who used it as the bailey for a castle. It stood 30 metres above sea level but was destroyed by coastal erosion in the 18th century. It was located in the village of Walton, Suffolk, now part of Felixstowe. Antique copper-plate engraving. Dated in the plate Sept 9th 1786. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins. Guaranteed over 200 years old.