Antique print of Wenlock Priory, or St Milburga’s Priory, a ruined 12th century monastery, located in Much Wenlock, Shropshire. The foundation was a part of the Cluniac order, which was refounded in 1079 and 1082, on the site of an earlier 7th century monastery, by Roger de Montgomery. It is thought to be the final resting place of Saint Milburga, whose bones were reputedly discovered during restoration work in 1101. Antique copper-plate engraving. Dated in the plate 25 March 1785. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins. Note: Price shown is ex VAT.