Winchester Bishop&
Winchester Bishop&

Winchester Bishop's Waltham Palace Hampshire

Regular price£24.00
/
Shipping calculated at checkout.

  • In stock, ready to ship
  • Inventory on the way

Bishop’s Waltham Palace. (Bishop of Winchester’s House) is a moated Bishop’s Palace ruin in Bishop’s Waltham, Hampshire, England. It is a scheduled ancient monument. It was built by Henry de Blois in 1135. Later used by the Bishops of Winchester as they travelled, along with Farnham Castle and Wolvesey Castle. The palace was visited by Henry V of England, and used by Mary Tudor just prior to her marriage to Philip II at Winchester Cathedral. The palace was destroyed in 1644 after the English Civil War. Antique copper-plate engraving of, Bishop’s Waltham Palace, at Waltham, Hampshire. Dated in the plate 10th July 1784. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins. Guaranteed over 200 years old.

 

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.