Wolvesey Castle, also known as Wolvesley Castle, or the “Old Bishop’s Palace”, is a ruined castle in Winchester, Hampshire, England. It is located next to Winchester Cathedral. The castle was erected by the Bishop of Winchester Henry of Blois, between 1130 and 1136 on an eyot between two branches of the River Itchen. Antique copper-plate engraving of The Chapel of Wolvesey Castle, Hants. Dated in the plate 6th Oct 1783. Size of engraved area approx 5x6ins.