Christ Church Clifton Bristol antique print. Christ Church (grid reference ) is a Church of England parish church in Clifton, Bristol, England. It has been designated as a Grade II* listed building. The church was built in 1841 by Charles Dyer. The steeple was built in 1859 by John Norton, and the aisles in 1885 by William Basset Smith. In 2015 the church was closed for two weeks after the steeple was damaged in high winds. A replica of the church exists in Thames Town, a suburb of Shanghai built in a style imitative of English architecture. The Anglican parish is part of the benefice of Christ Church with Emmanuel, Clifton which falls within the Diocese of Bristol. The cruciform limestone building has a slate roof. It was built in the Early English Gothic Revival style. There is an octagonal apse. The north transept is supported by buttresses. The steeple above the five-stage tower reaches 65 metres (213 ft). At its base is a doorway with Purbeck marble shafts. Inside the church is a west gallery supported by cast iron columns with timber cladding. Parish records for Christ Church, Clifton, Bristol are held at Bristol Archives (Ref. P.CC) (online catalogue) including baptism and marriage registers. The archive also includes records of the incumbent, churchwardens, parochial church council, charities and vestry.