Victoria Rooms Clifton Bristol antique print. The Victoria Rooms, also known as the Vic Rooms, houses the University of Bristol‘s music department in Clifton, Bristol, England, on a prominent site at the junction of Queens Road and Whiteladies Road. The building, originally assembly rooms, was designed by Charles Dyer and was constructed between 1838 and 1842 in Greek revival style, and named in honour of Queen Victoria, who had acceded to the throne in the previous year. An eight column Corinthian portico surmounts the entrance, with a classical relief sculpture designed by Musgrave Watson above. The construction is of dressed stonework, with a slate roof. A bronze statue of Edward VII, was erected in 1912 at the front of the Victoria Rooms, together with a curved pool and several fountains with sculptures in the Art Nouveau style. The Victoria Rooms contain a 665-seat auditorium, a lecture theatre, recital rooms, rehearsal rooms and a recording studio. Jenny Lind and Charles Dickens performed at the Victoria Rooms. It was also the venue for important dinners and assemblies, including banquets to commemorate the opening of the Clifton Suspension Bridge and the quatercentennial anniversary of Cabot‘s discovery of North America, meetings which led to the establishment of the University College, Bristol, an early congress of the British Association for the Advancement of Science and sufragettes “at-homes”. This antique print is an original image of the Victoria Rooms from ‘The Queen’s Album of Clifton,’ a series of 12 small ‘photo-lithograph’ images, measuring 11 cm by 7½ cm, based on some previous steel line-engravings, published by Rock Brothers & Payne, and carrying the dates of the original engravings, in the lower right-hand corner. See Product Gallery image to view the cover of this scarce item.